Thursday, July 31, 2014

The 80's

As you will learn, if you haven't already, I have an affinity for history. Within that I'm always curious of not only what happened but why it happened which tells us why the present is the way it is. In all of the history classes I've taken, I was most focused when it came to more modern times, namely the 80's and 90's.

I can rant on and on about that so let's just cut to the chase.

I wanted to do something, and since this is my blog, I'm entitled to do whatever I want, correct? I wanted to take you guys through the 1980's, one of the more influential decades of the modern era.

No, I'm not an '80's baby', in fact I wasn't born until the mid-90's, between a MJ retirement, the establishment of the World Trade Organization, and.....the OKC Bombings. By the way, me and my parents stayed a little over an hour away from where they took place, just a little fact.

The 80's paved the way for things like sneaker commercials, modern fashion, the internet, modern space shuttles, economic prosperity, and landmark changes in the music industry. The 1980's is also notoriously known for it's war with drugs.

Okay, I don't want to tell too much, but what I will tell you is this:

Over the next few days, I'll be giving you a look into the 1980's ranging from pop culture, to drug use, to Reaganomics, sports, fashion and entertainment, and whatever else I think will pick my interest and yours alike.

If time permits, I'll probably shell out multiple topics a day, which is something I'd like to do.